Friday, July 06, 2007

The end is (nowhere) near

...But progress is being made. Yeah, I know I've been whining about it for days, so here are some pics to: a) prove that I wasn't making it up just to get attention, and b) show off some pics so that I can get some attention...

I started scraping a little bit in June, and really started working on it this past week. I took a few days off work over the 4th and, with some help from Lee and Adam (thanks, guys!), got the entire front of the house finished: priming all the bare wood and trim, and applying two technicolor dreamcoats on everything. "Before" pics are from about 3 1/2 months ago, in March.







The new color is very similar to the old, but more beige-y and less taupe-y, I guess. And you can see more of the not-quite-finished boulder project, too. The job change in March has made such a difference in what I can get done around here. I'm honestly happy to have the time to be at home and work on this stuff, even when it's hard work...



3 comments:

Aaron said...

Very nice!

Anonymous said...

DAAANG! That looks REALLY good. I can kind-of see why you were whining about it so much :) -Sara

Seamus said...

Thanks! Now that I got the place looking spiffy, you'll have to bring the family to some patio parties next year!