Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Catching up part 1

I have been meaning to get this up for a long time. It's come up in a few conversations recently so I guess it's time. I went to India in March of 2006 to train some Dell employees. These are entries from my journal while I was there.

Monday, March 6, 2006
Hyderabad, India

After 19 hours of travel I arrived from Amsterdam a at about 2:00 am. My first impression was the feeling of humidity and the large crowds waiting to greet their travelers. I was aware of the stares, and had been informed that this was common. Indeed, I was the subject of gazes wherever I went.

The cab to the hotel took less than ten minutes. I checked in and went to sleep around 3:00. I met up with Gavin from Corel’s UK office for lunch, then went to the Dell office. Work at Dell was rather monotonous. 3 pm to midnight or later each night Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. I stayed up until at least 3 each night, trying to sleep in each morning, but that didn’t work too well. I grew more and more tired each night we worked. Perhaps it was the repetition of delivering the same material to 7 or 8 groups per night...


The Dell office is in the "Hi-Tech City" area of Hyderabad.



Read Part 2...



No comments: